Getting your current employer to sponsor your Nomad MBA
Some people on our first trip got sponsorship from their employers to do their Nomad MBA; it's a great idea if you're happy with your current company, but looking to accelerate your all-round growth while having a great time.
Eminio did just that when she came on The Nomad MBA – and being a lovely person, she shared some useful advice with us on how she got sponsored. Here's a summary of what she told us:
1) Lead them to our Employer's page
That page exists to help you convince your employer – it gives them an overview of how your Nomad MBA experience can benefit their company in a visual and concise way.
2) Make a brief proposal
A proposal – slides are a good idea – to bring to your bosses will make your case stronger.
Here's what you want to include:
- The values of The Nomad MBA, with strong focus on education and lifelong learning. Highlight that this program isn't a holiday, but a structured journey built around accelerating your growth. Does this fit with your company's values? If so, you're onto a winner.
- How the professional growth you'll get – particularly your immersive online course – is relevant to your future company role, and will make you more valuable to the company going forwards.
- That the personal growth through travel, workshops, community and Remarkable Experiences relates to improved leadership skills, teamwork abilities and innovation.
- The positive effect on Employee Retention for them. In terms of being a place that keeps their best employees around for longer, this helps. It's a fantastic PR piece for them – a highly visible commitment to employee growth and satisfaction that they can use internally for retention, or externally for talent attraction.
- That you can still be contacted if needed while on The Nomad MBA; as you'll be in co-working spaces with fast-wifi.
3) Get in touch with us
If you're through to the interview stage, our admissions team can help you personally with getting employer sponsorship.